Effective Date: May 24, 2018 (v. 1.0.0)
Last Updated: May 24, 2018
- The information we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect
- Who we share your information with
- Your access to your information and retention period
- Where and how we store your information
- How we protect your data
- External links/links to other websites
- Dispute resolution and your rights
- How to contact us
Please take a moment to read the following carefully in order to understand our views and practises regarding your personal information, and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information (known as Special Category Data). This does however include name, address, telephone number, financial information/credit card and e-mail. You are not required to provide Flamefast UK Ltd the personal data we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or respond to any queries you might have. The data we collect and process from you are:
- 1. Information you supply us:
This information is gathered when you directly interact with us and supply us the information, this can be obtained by completing a form on our site, subscribing to marketing or corresponding with us directly via phone, e-mail or in person, it includes information necessary for Flamefast UK Ltd group to supply services and may include name, e-mail, company, telephone number, address, products or service of interest, payment and billing information which may include credit card information.
- 2. Personal Data collected automatically
When you visit our site certain information will be collected automatically even if you do not complete the online form. This includes cookies, tracking technology, technical information as well as information about your visit and your activity on the site such as products searched and viewed, response time of pages, download errors, length of visit on pages, page interaction such as scrolling, mouse over and clicks, purchase history, the methods used to browse away from a page, or to contact us. Technical information may also include the IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your computer to the internet, operating system (e.g. windows), browser type and version, device platform, time zone settings, location data and browser plug-in types.
- 3. Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you from third parties that we have trusted partnerships with for example our Live Chat function. These third parties include business partners, vendors who assist in technical and payment services, analytics providers, and search information providers.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Flamefast UK Ltd only ever uses your personal data with your consent or where it is necessary. We collect process and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- Service Bookings: we use your personal information in order to provide our services which may include design, planning, installs, maintenance & support for which we require certain information in order to fulfil our obligations to provide the requested service.
- Payment Processing: if you purchase our services or products we use the information to process your payment and supply you with relevant documentation.
- Communication: We will use the information supplied to communicate with you in relation to your request and to provide you with helpful and relevant information.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information together with other non-identifiable information to develop and improve our products, websites, communication and services. You are welcome to contact us about our services at any time or to report a problem, this can be done via our website, social media, e-mail or phone. We will use the provided information to help answer questions and resolve issues.
- Marketing & Personalisation: for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered, or opted in to this may include providing information about our goods and services that we feel might interest you based on past orders, targeted advertising, postal advertising, recommendations, promotional emails, product updates, market research requests, new products and helpful information.
- Notifications: we may use your information to notify you of corporate transactions such as mergers, sale of subsidiary or divisions.
- Service Improvements: to better understand and assess our customers interest, wants and changing needs by analysing your recent visits to our website and how you interact with the website as well as for troubleshooting, testing, research and data analysis purposes.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regards and take account of these rights at all times.
Where appropriate we will ask for your consent in order for us to supply you with marketing material, where you have given consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interest for example administrative purposes improving and promoting our services or creating and maintaining business records, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interest does not automatically override your interest – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and if you wish to do so please e-mail us, it is however important to note that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out services or requests.
Your personal data will be processed if we need it to perform our contract with you for example we need to process your personal data in order to deliver a product or service.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
In certain circumstances we may share your information internally and with trusted third parties as follows:
Third Party Service Providers: we sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions this includes anyone who provides services or function on our behalf such us Live Chat, credit card processing, contractors, social media, business analytics, advertising, customer feedback & email campaigns. When we employ other companies they have access and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use your information for any other purposes.
Business Transfers: In the event we develop the business by selling or buying businesses or assets your personal information may be transferred to a buyer or other successor in the event of a corporate sale, merger or similar event.
YOUR ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND RETENTION PERIOD
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long information will be stored depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing e-mails, we will stop storing your
e-mail addresses for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card information. We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary and the longest time that we will hold your data will be six years.
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as a data subject access request)
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason)
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact your local data protection authority who will investigate the matter. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the data protection authority for the UK.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
WHERE AND HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We are based in the UK and the data we collect from you we store on secure servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. We do our best to ensure your information is protected, however no information transferred over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information at your own risk.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, intrusion, unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or modification. Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls and security measures. Access to your data is only permitted among our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who are on a strict need-to-know basis and will only process your personal data on our instructions subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
EXTERNAL LINKS/LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
DISPUTE RESOLUTION & YOUR RIGHTS
Where we process your personal data you have many legal rights about how your information is processed and you can exercise these rights at any point. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection Regulator in your country.
HOW TO CONTACT US
01925 281 230
Att: Data Protection Officer, 1 Heaton Court, Risley Road, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6QU